Kids First Program
Kids First Program in Antigo WI
AVAIL’S Kids First Program
Our children’s program addresses the emotional and developmental needs of young people directly affected by violence or those who witness violence inflicted on others.
AVAIL’S KIDS FIRST Program attempts to break the inter-generational cycle of violence. The program’s promotes children’s emotional and physical health while strengthening their self-esteem, and teaching children and youth how to protect themselves by developing safety plans and support systems.
Services of the program include both individual sessions (with parent or guardian supervision) and support groups to help assist children with safety, self esteem, self awareness, healthy relationships, anger management, and much more. Please browse around our website form more information and services provided by AVAIL’S Kids First Program, or give us a call today to learn more.
To better understand your situation, it can be helpful to talk with someone who understands. AVAIL staff are available to talk in our office or any safe place you are comfortable with. We have staff on-call 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
What to Do if a Child or Teen Discloses Abuse To You
- Reassure the child or teen that you love them no matter what they tell you
- Take them seriously; always believe what they have to say
- Call someone who can help you and the child; such as Social Services, the police, a school counselor, or AVAIL
- If you are not an adult, talk to an adult you can trust
- Emotional Health
- Physical Health
- Self Esteem
- Support Systems
- Safety Plans
- Healthy Relationships
- Braking Barriers
Child Sexual Abuse Statistics
- * 93% of victims know their attacker
- * 44% of victims are under age 18