Senior Outreach Program in Antigo WI
We offer support and assistance to victims who are age 55 or older. Whether you are currently in an abusive situation or dealing with past abuse, it can be helpful to receive support from someone who understands the dynamics of abuse for older individuals.
In order to better understand your feelings, it can also be helpful to talk with others who are experiencing or have experienced feelings similar to yours. Our Healthy Respect Support Group is a great opportunity for this. Please call AVAIL’s Senior Outreach Coordinator for information.
Transportation can be a barrier for seniors trying to access our services. AVAIL may be able to offer transportation to support groups and to one on one peer counseling appointments to make things easier.
Are You Feeling:
- Denied access to family, friends or your privacy
- Constantly being criticized
- In need of talking to someone you can trust
AVAIL staff is available to meet with you in a safe setting that meets your needs. All services are free and confidential.
Safety Tips for Senior:
- Trust Your Instincts
- If a situation makes you nervous, let someone know
- Refuse to let stranger into your home
- Check references of repairmen and workers; especially if they show up without an appointment
- Stay alert when you are in public places
- If someone grabs your purse or bags, don’t fight back – CALL FOR HELP